The other day I was sitting on the couch with the kiddos when my son asked me what was my favorite plant…I had to ponder the question for a moment, as I really love plants and definitely have many favorites for various reasons. But my first choice became obvious due mainly to the fact of where we live…Sunshine State…Aloe wins hands down… and if you didn’t already know…put your aloe in the fridge for those impromptu burns and you will see why Aloe- is Naturally the coolest.
Thanks to RiseEarth.com here are some interesting facts about my favorite plant-
- -There are over 200 species of the plant, which is native to Africa
- -Egyptians called the Aloe Vera plant “plant of immortality.”
- -Greeks used it to cure everything from baldness to insomnia
- -Native Americans called it the “Wand of the Heaven.”
- -Aloe is a semi- tropical succulent and 95% water.
- -Does not like cold outdoor winters– perfect for Florida.
- -Ranges in size …one inch miniatures to massive plant colonies growing up to 2 foot high.
- known as skin healer, moisturizer and softener
- effective on burns, cuts, insect stings, bruises, acne, blemishes, poison ivy, welts, skin ulcers, and eczema.
- helps healing of stomach disorders, ulcers, constipation, hemorrhoids, rectal itching, colitis, and all colon problems.
Aloe is a great plant for people who consider themselves black thumbed- you can plant it in the yard or better yet put it in a pot in a sunny spot inside or out- and remember– less water is better than too much!
So get Naturally Cool with some Aloe- it’s the answer to all those summertime sunburns- Cheers and wear your sunscreen!