Flagler Beach, Florida is a funky little town nestled between its two famous neighbors St. Augustine and Daytona Beach. Growing up as Ocean City, Flagler Beach changed its name and became incorporated in 1925. Boasting a current population of just over 5,000, Flagler Beach has maintained the role as one of the last small beach towns, featuring 6 miles of uninterrupted ocean views and quiet family style living.
Historically referred to as “a sleepy fishing village” we are conveniently located between the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean marking our spot with an authentic wooden fishing pier. While our beautiful horizon remains unchanged the streets of Flagler are growing with life. Recently receiving an amazing streetscape upgrade we are also adding a number of killer restaurants and mom-n-pop businesses are beginning to flourish. Flagler Beach was also recently placed in the Top 15 Coolest Towns contest put on by Budget Travel Magazine. With priorities to preserve our environment and quality of life, Flagler Beach maintains it’s identity as a small town with big ideas.
So if your just passing through
Pocketful of reasons Flagler Beach is so cool:
- There is a webcam to see the ocean if you aren’t here
- Golf Carts are allowed (electric only and there are rules to follow of course)
- Unlimited access to fishing areas (ICW and Atlantic Ocean)
- Farmers Market – Friday and Saturday
- First Friday Festival
- You actually never have to cross the bridge if you plan right
- 2 major parks in city limits: Wickline / Wadsworth Park
- State park Campground: Gamble Rogers
- Pet Friendly Restaurants and Beach (except within 10 blocks of Pier N and South)
- Fine Art Festival
- Organic Community Garden
- Skatepark: Wadsworth Park
- A ginormous bridge to walk on and observe the beauty of our town.
- Walkways and Paths to go birding or hiking
- Alcohol and Fires by permit allowed on beach (Except turtle season May-Oct)
- You can see the ocean the whole length of A1A
- Migration of Right Whales can be seen Nov-April
- Home of the Tommy Tant Memorial Surf Contest
- Sea Turtle’s nest here
- The sun will always rise off our shore and so many more!