Flagler Beach, Florida is a funky little town nestled between its two famous neighbors St. Augustine and Daytona Beach. Growing up as Ocean City, Flagler Beach changed its name and became incorporated in 1925. Boasting a current population of just over 5,000, Flagler Beach has maintained the role as one of the last small beach towns, featuring 6 miles of uninterrupted ocean views and quiet family style living.
Historically referred to as “a sleepy fishing village” Flagler Beach is conveniently located between the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean marking our spot with an authentic wooden fishing pier. While our beautiful horizon remains unchanged the streets of Flagler are growing with over 40 restaurants and coffee shops and a couple handfuls of shopping and specialty service With priorities to preserve our environment and quality of life, Flagler Beach maintains it’s identity as a small town with big ideas.
So if your just passing through or have been here awhile enjoying this slice of paradise
please don’t forget to…
- There is a webcam to see the ocean if you aren’t here
- Golf Carts are allowed (electric only and there are rules to follow of course)
- Unlimited access to fishing areas :Palm Coast Fishing Moana Kai Fishing Sea Spirit Fishing
- First Friday Festival : currently on hold
- You actually never have to cross the bridge if you plan right 🙂 www.pleasedontmakemecrossthebridge.com
- 3 major parks in city limits: Wickline / Wadsworth Park / Betty Steflick : County Parks
- State Parks: Gamble Rogers (Campground) Washington Oaks Bulow Creek
- Pet Friendly Beach (except within 10 blocks of Pier North and South)
- Skatepark: Wadsworth Park
- Walkways, Paths and Mountain Bike trails: Mala Compra, Lehigh Trail, Graham Swamp Trail
- Alcohol and Fires by permit allowed on beach (No fires during turtle nesting season May-Oct)
- Sea Turtle’s: Nesting season begins May 1 and ends Oct. 31.
- Migration of Right Whales can be seen Nov-Apri
- Home of the Tommy Tant Memorial Surf Classic
- The sun will always rise off our shore and so many more!
and our local radio station 97.3 that sits on the Flagler Pier!